Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Everything happens for a reason


Hola Familia,

Okay, first off... Do we not say "don't be mad" in English? I am pretty sure this is my brain's attempt at saying "no se precupe" in English,.  English is hard people.

As far as my health goes, things are looking up. We prayed potentemente and my results came back normal.  It was a huge miracle.  Thanks for all the prayers.

Hermana Z and I had a really cool experience when we went to get my lab work done. Due to the sketchiness of La G__________ we had to go to E_________ to get the work done and while we were there a doctor was also going to take a look at this thing on Hermana Z's foot.  Well, the clinic that we went to for Hermana Z was a pretty sketchy public clinic so as a result we ended up waiting to see the doctor for 2 hours.

... Missionaries hate waiting.

So we were just trapped there in this scary waiting room waiting and waiting when a young, pregnant, teenage girl came running into the clinic with her mom and her sister.  There was a lot of frantic bustling around and it became clear to everyone in the waiting room that something was very wrong.  The nurses immediately rushed the girl back to see a doctor.

It was about this same time that her family showed up and frantically began pacing back and forth.  With the family was an 18 year old boy who just kept repeating over and over "God, please save the baby."

Within about ten minutes the girl came running out of the doctor's office screaming and crying.  She ran to the boy and was screaming ¨I lost the baby!"

In this same moment, the nurses rushed the family into the back to speak with the doctor leaving the girl outside completely destroyed, she crumbled to the floor and just kept repeating "why, God? Why?"

Hermana Z turned to me and said that we needed to do something.  I we quickly pulled out a Plan of Salvation folleto and walked over to talk to her.  I didn't really know what to say, so I just asked her for her name.

"Jessi"

I told her "Jessi, my companion and I are personal representatives of Jesus Christ.  We testify that He lives and that thanks to Him death isn't the end.  I know that families can live together forever."

I wasn't expecting what happened next, she just clung to me and cried.  We all just stood there together crying and testifying of the Plan of Salvation.  We gave her the pamphlet and offered a prayer for her and her family.  We probably only spoke to her for about 5 minutes but by the end of it she had calmed down and told us that she felt at peace. 

It was at this time that her boyfriend and family came out.  They sincerely thanked us and we invited them to come to church and read what we had left them.

It was a really touching experience to realize how incredibly involved Heavenly Father is in our work here.  It was through many inspired events that Hermana Z and I ended up in E_______ that day but I know that it was where we needed to be so that we could meet Jessi.  We will probably never know in this life if she accepts the Gospel or not, but we did our part and we trust that God will do the rest.  That really is how the mission works.  We truly are just the instruments in His hands.  Most of the time here, things don't go as expected or how we want them to but they go the way that God wants them to and that is all that really matters.  The mission has been the most incredible experience of my life.  It has brought me closer to the Savior and helped me to understand who He truly is.  I truly do "stand all amazed" at the love of my Savior.  He knows me perfectly and somehow loves me anyway.  My mission is not a sacrifice, it is an offering to Him.

K is still moving towards baptism.  Almost didn't go to church this week because she had an ingrown toenail (chapinas have the craziest reasons to not go to church).  But she came and so she will get baptized this Friday.  Pray for her!

Please also pray for E, R and N, D and D, Anna C and Amanda M.  Prayers make all the difference, people!

Know that I love you guys and am praying for you! I know that God is taking care of all of you.

I really hope this makes sense today, I have been up since 4:30 because we had district meeting in Santa Lucia today.  Waking up at 4:30 actually isn't that bad... Usually.  But yesterday we woke up at 2:30 to go to Antigua as a zone.  Super fun, but I am super tired.

And next week I will get to go to the temple for my first time since the MTC!!!! YAY! Which means I will be writing on MONDAY (just FYI)

Well folks, that is about it... My funny story for this week isn't funny in English.... so that is awkward.  I will try harder next week.

Go to church! Read your scriptures! Go to the temple! Pray like Enos! Help the missionaries!

Love you guys! Pray for ya always....

Until next week,

Hermana Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment