Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sorry! I can't keep pets....so you gotta go.


Hola Familia!!!

I am being refined here in the mission I believe.  I am still happy.  I still am grateful that I chose to serve, this has just been a crazy, crazy transfer thus far. 

I will save you the gory details, but my health has been suffering this week.  The nurse became concerned that this weird flu that I have been having was something more serious.  Which means that I was sent to the medical clinic this week to get everything checked out.

Let me tell you, you don’t know sketchy until you have had your blood drawn in a 3rd world country. 

Well I will save you all the details of the lovely things that have been happening to my body this week. But, when all was said and done the answer came back:

PARASITES!

What a blessing. 

Well, according to the Missionary Handbook we are not allowed to have pets (see page 50).  Sorry parasites, you have got to go. 

Luckily, I have medication that I am now taking and things should be looking up soon. I haven’t thrown up in 48 hours, so that’s good.  I also think I have been losing some of the mission weight I have put on.  Bonus!

But yes, this week has continued to be a bit difficult.  C______ and her daughters didn’t get baptized this Sunday.  But they came to church! We continue to see miracles here in the field.  I just need to be patient.  When I reflect on all the miracles we have seen here in P_______, it reminds me that a month without baptisms really isn’t the end of the world. 

I have really learned this week that we choose to be happy.  We can choose to be miserable, or we can just decide to be happy.  This week we have had investigators drop us, it´s been raining, we survived earthquakes, found a nest of scorpions in our house, my companion has disgustingly smelly foot fungus, and I have been battling an aggressive Guatemalan parasite. 

But, I am still happy! 

I have faith that if we have faith things will turn around. 

Thanks for the prayers!!! I need them.  I appreciate them.

Praying for you all too!!!

I am attaching some pictures of our Zone P-Day in Antigua.  Beautiful.  I am totally going back to this place with you people after the mission.

Happy Birthday Linc and Kenz!!!  

Sorry this is short.  I have to email the nurse...

Pilas, pues!

Con amor!!!

Until next week,

Hna Wise (and pets)

PS Shout out to Emily Kwok for getting called to HELSINKI!!!!!! Whaaaat?! Did not guess that one.

Shout out to Alisa my-best-friend Baker for slaying her farewell talk!!! Love you, go rock it in Mexico!!!

+
"Stella! (obscure movie reference)"

Sierra and Hermana B (and their district in the background) in Antiqua.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment