Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I ALMOST GOT DEPORTED!!


¡Buenas!

You know what I love? Companionship study every morning.  I always learn so much and it is just a great start to the day. 

You know what makes companionship study more interesting? When the assistants to the president call right in the middle of it...

....Oh no, this can only mean one thing.

There´s been an emergency. 

Well, this is how that conversation went yesterday:

¨HERMANA __________, IS HERMANA WISE THERE?!¨

Clearly.... we are companions, we don’t ever leave each other.

“WELL APPARENTLY SHE DOESNT ACTUALLY HAVE A VISA, SO YOU HAVE EXACTLY 40  MINUTES TO DROP EVERYTHING AND GET TO THE CAPITOL OR ELSE SHE IS GETTING DEPORTED!!!"

Isn´t being a missionary an adventure?

Luckily, after a lot of paperwork, explaining myself, getting my picture taken, and forcefully being separated from my companion.... All is well. 

It would have just been so embarrassing to get deported from Guatemala.

Nice try, Satan! But, I am staying right here!!!

It was SO GREAT to see everyone on Sunday.  Everyone in my zone was apparently all geared up for me to cry (they said all the other newbies cried) but not me! I was strong! I was just happy to see everyone so happy!!! Sorry for all the confusion at the beginning, I am just glad that everything worked out and we were able to talk for the full time. 

My family is just the best.

So, this week was a bit discouraging but we are still hopeful things will all work out. 

We have just been struggling to find and teach all of our investigators.  I am convinced that they all got together to have a ¨hide from the missionaries fiesta¨ We had high hopes of getting (por lo menos) 20 investigators to church, but only had 3 show up despite our greatest efforts. 

But, we know that more will come next week.  We are working hard, the people are ready, we just need to get them to church. 

Which brings me to my spiritual thought of the week:

This past week, as I sat in church hoping with all my heart that by some miracle our investigators would come to church, I thought about the scripture in Matthew “Ïf ye shall have faith as a grain of mustard seed and ye say unto this mountain, remove thee hence to yonder place, it shall remove, and nothing will be impossible unto you.”

I wanted a miracle.  We had faith.  But, in this moment, I realized that sometimes when we have faith we are blessed with the power to move mountains.  Miracles like this are very possible, especially in the field.  However, more often, The Lord blesses us with the strength to suck it up and start climbing the mountain ourselves. 

But, either way, through The Lord, nothing is impossible unto us. 

Looks like it´s time to strap on some hiking shoes.

Alright, homework time! I made you guys a sticker chart (it is coming in the mail) But, I think it would be really cool if, as a family, you reread the Book of Mormon before I get home. Just keep going from where you are now, but, if you finish, I have way cool Guatemalan prizes for you guys. 

Yup.  I am treating my own family like investigators. 

¿Leerán El Libro De Mormon?

Also, sorry for the lack of pictures.  I tried this week, but the computer is rejecting my SD card.... Oh Guatemalan computers.

Typically, a trainee will stay with their trainer for 12 weeks.  However, there is a possibility of changes at week 6.  We are in week 5.  I REALLY HOPE I get to stay with Hermana H________. 

Funny quote of the week:

(In the pouring rain)

Hermana H_________: “Hermana Wise! I just had a horrible realization!!!”

Me: ¨What?¨

Hermana H__________: “WE WILL NEVER BE DRY FOR OUR WHOLE MISSIONS! BECAUSE WE WILL EITHER BE HOT AND SWEATY OR IT WILL BE RAINING AND WET.  THER IS NO SUCH THING AS DRY!!! “

Sadly, true.  We just laughed to keep from crying. 

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!

Everyone make good choices, always.

Con amor!

Hermana Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment